10 Facts About Irfan Khan
The versatile star Irrfan Khan has bid final goodbye to the world leaving all of us perplexed and sad because it is pretty hard to believe that the actor who enticed us with his acting skills and flawless performances is not with us. There is no denying the fact that Irrfan’s health was a concern for everyone but there was a sense of positivity that he will be fine one day as he was just into his 50s.
1. His real name was Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan from Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
2. Wanted to become a cricketer
3. Start of acting journey because parents did not like him joining Cricket
4. He got scholarship in National School of Drama and started his acting Career.
5. He worked as an air conditioner mechanic to support himself when he came to Mumbai and this was his first job in the city.
6. The extra R in Irrfan’s name is not because of numerology but for the fact that Irrfan liked the sound that was generated by adding an extra R.
7. There was a time when Irrfan Khan wanted to quit acting as he was mostly getting work in TV serials and nothing good was happening in movies for him
8. Irrfan was married to Sutapa Sikdar, whom he knew from the days of NSD. The couple got blessed with two kids – Babil and Ayan.
9. Said No to Christopher Nolan but Irrfan did this when he was approached for a good role in “Interstellar” as he was already busy with “The Lunchbox” and “D-Day”.
10. He wished to gift his mother a suitcase full of cash, something which we all must have seen in flicks. Irrfan’s mother took her last breath just 3 days ago and Irrfan was not even able to attend her last rites.